Jan 24, 2012

The capital city of California

I have not known that Sacramento is the capital city of California until I moved in California. By one and a half hour driving, I arrived Sacramento. There is Capitol, which is the parliament and museum building. I stopped by the building and took a picture, and then I walked around the downtown of Sacramento. It was more sophisticated than I expected. I found a big shopping mall in the center of the downtown named Westfield. Even though there was few people in there, stores were good enough to stop by.

After that, I took a rest at Ambrosia Cafe, a coffee shop, for a while. At the cafe, I drank "Kenya Dark," a special coffee of the day, and ate a cup cake. Actually, after I ate a cup cake of Magnolia in New York City last year, a cup cake is one of my favorite food.

Sacramento is a wonderful city as my English teacher said. Yes, whenever I hear "Sacramento," it reminds me the teacher, who graduated from UCB and taught English when I was a senior in university.


By the way, the big cities in California are listed below.


# City and Population
1 Los Angeles 3,792,621 (I've been)
2 San Diego 1,307,402 (I've been)
3 San Jose 945,942
4 San Francisco 805,235 (I've been)
5 Fresno 494,665
6 Sacramento 466,488 (I've been)
7 Long Beach 462,257 (I've been)
8 Oakland 390,724
9 Bakersfield 347,483
10 Anaheim 336,265 (I've driven through)

No comments:

Post a Comment