Apr 14, 2012

Last Saturday of Spring Visiting Arizona

This Saturday was the event day of the Regional Night on campus. Many Asian students were practicing their performance such as singing, dancing, and fighting(?).

By the way, one of my friends asked me to cook a omurice/om-rice (Omelette+ Rice), which is contemporary Japanese fusion cuisine. I'm not a good cook, but I tried my best. 


Even though I used American ingredients, I thought I made a Japanese style one.



The Regional Night began 7 pm. When I got into the event room, all tables were almost full. I was served several Asian food by several nation's friends. After quick eating, the event room was light down, and then performances of each Asian country club started. Chinese traditional group dance, Taiwanese pop dance, Thai Muay Thai and traditional dance, and Vietnamese fashion show, Indian group dance, and Japanese "Maru-Maru Mori-Mori" dance with a huge crane of the origami. Especially, Indian students are majority of this school, so there were three or four group of Indian club.


After the regional night, we went to the pub on campus. One of my Taiwanese friends sang a western country song in Mandarin version.

Eventually, we went to a Korean friend's home and drank again with a Korean ra-men.



No comments:

Post a Comment