Mar 30, 2012

César Chávez Day at San Francisco

This Friday was holiday because of Ceasar Chaves Day, so I went to Consulate-General of Japan in San Francisco to update my passport, which was about to expire in a couple of month, by car. This was the first time I went San Francisco by my car. I needed to pay $6 to go through the bridge from Auckland to San Francisco.



Downtown was so busy, there were so many car, and some taxis were suddenly cutting in line of traffic jam.

Anyway, I finished the procedure of updating my passport, then I stopped by a cafe, Peet's Coffee & Tea. I have actually never heard this cafe, but it seems there are some stores in San Francisco.



I found Muracci's Japanese Curry & Grill, a Japanese Curry restaurant, near Peet's cafe. Because I have not eaten a Japanese curry for a while, I was so excited! I arrived at the restaurant after complicated streets. I ordered a Katsu curry, a fried pork on the rice, with the medium spicy. It is also called the cutlet in French-English. It was good even though I felt a little bit Indian curry spice.




After quick lunch, I headed to Embarcadero, the bay side fresh food market. I found a raw oyster and a raw clam outside the front of a fish store, I challenged both. It was fresh and yummy!!



With the full of stomach, I went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), which was smaller than that in New York city, and bought some souvenir.


The next stop after walking around was Leonidas, the Belgian chocolate shop,  and I  drank a hot chocolate. It was sweet enough, not too sweet.

I walked through Yerba Buena Garden, too. It was well organized and that buildings were modern and clean. There were many countries food restaurants inside.


I went through Japan town before leaving San Francisco, and then I also went through UC Barkley before going home. The campus of UC Barkley was very big and beautiful. There are so many organized shop and restaurants as well around campus. That campus town would attract many potential students.

I arrived at my home around 10 pm. I was about to fall asleep a couple of times during driving, Red Bull helped me a little while though.

Yet I learned that driving in San Francisco need advanced level driving technique to drive smoothly, so I prefer using train and subway.















No comments:

Post a Comment