Mar 3, 2012

Fisherman's wharf

I went to San Francisco again to meet my old(?) friends came from Arizona. I used the BART railway again because I don't need to care about finding a parking place in downtown and I can take a rest before arriving there after one hour driving.

I've not been the Fisherman's wharf or Alcatraz since eight years ago when I stayed in LA for studying abroad for a summer vacation in 2004.

Anyway, I arrived at the Fisherman's wharf, and I met my frindnds in the morning on Saturday. They wanted to get into Alcatraz island, but the ticket had already sold out. Instead of it, we chose a cruising which goes around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was so nice! It was fine day with no cloud. Everything was shining!





After the cruising, we headed to a Spanish restaurant to eat Paella. We walked many steep ramps for 30 minutes. When we arrived the restaurant, the sign showed "Closed."  So we changed the lunch plan to go to a pizza shop. We ordered a large size pizza. It was nice and tasted good.

We stopped by an ice cream shop named Swensen's. The custard vanilla ice cream I ate was awesomely good!!


And then we went to a zigzag ramp called Lombard Street. It was way interesting! Many cars drive down quite slowly.




We took a bus to go downtown then we went to Cartoon Art Museum where there are lots of original pictures of American cartoon.

At evening when the sun was about to set, we walk near Bay Bridge to see night view. This scenery reminded me Brooklyn Bridge and buildings of Wall-street in New York city.


After walking and looking around the market near Bay Bridge, we headed to a seafood restaurant named SWISS LOUIS at PIER39.

Lastly, we went window shopping.

I used BART to go back and drove home. I arrive at my home at 1 am and went to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment