May 18, 2014

Bay to Breakers

I went to San Francisco to see Bay to Breakers, which was supposed to be a huge running event of a century-long history but was actually a costume-runners walking event Lol. The running started eight in the morning. It sounded very early but so many people came to be ready as of eight o'clock.


I followed the huge crowd of the event. I saw many interesting costumes. Some of them were walking without wearing anything Lol I wonder if it's legal or not... I spent all the time in the morning and then returned to downtown.




I ate some food at the food court of Westfield. It was a beautiful day, so I went to Yerba Buena Gardens and took a nap on the grass for a while.


Despite I ate some food, I got hungry again. I went to Dojima-Ann, a Japanese restaurant (but I guess the owner is not Japanese) and quickly ate Katsu-don.

I moved to Macy's and was watching a Luis von Ahn's TED presentation , which my colleague introduced me, at the food court.
Luis von Ahn is an associate professor in the Computer Science Department at Carnegie Mellon University. He is one of inventors of Duolingo, which is a popular language learning web service in the U.S. Fortunately, I could reach a person who are on the MBA program in Carnegie Mellon after watching this video, so I wish I could meet someone who know him.

Before leaving the food court, a Chinese woman (maybe a tourist) talked to me in Chinese all of sudden. I answered "I'm Japanese.," but she kept talking in Chinese. I answered, "I don't understand.," and then she still said something in Chinese (maybe she said, "Aren't you Chinese?"<-- Why don't you first ask!? F●ck!!). She left without saying sorry or excuse me...

At the evening, I met my old friend of the same university in Japan and nd went dinner at Straits Restaurant. I ate Crispy Chicken, my favorite food here.

I showed around the financial district of downtown and Embarcadero. It was freaking cold.







No comments:

Post a Comment