May 21, 2012

Short returning home

On Saturday, my Taiwanese friend picked me up in the early morning for the airport. I took over a hour and a half, so I really appreciated her to drive me off.

I used San Jose airport, which I had't used before, and it was very clean and nice airport. There was a Japanese restaurant in the airport. It looked owned and run by Chinese people though... I flight to LAX first for transfer.

My flight was about 10 hours. I watched three movies. I watched a very impressing movie but I forgot its title...

I departed from LA at 19th but arrieved at Tokyo at 20th because of the time lag. I met my old friend, who has been friend since I was in elementary school in my hometown, and went to a Izakaya, a Japanese style dinning bar, soon after I came back. I after chatting with drinking, we just went home.

But before midnight, another friend who I met in Arizona sent me a message, "Let's meet and watch start all night, and then see the eclipse in the morning!" I answered, "Yes," and headed to Shibuya. We talked for four hours at Kinnokura, another Izakaya chain.

When it was the time of breakfast, I proposed that we go to Tsukiji market and eat a fresh seafood bowl. We moved to Tsukiji soon. We tried to go to a famous seafood restaurant but it was so busy. I saw a very long line in front of the restaurant despite it was at five in the morning. We gave up and change to another restaurant Ooedo that is also well known as a good restaurant.



After filled my stomach, we moved back Shibuya. I remembered that I forgot carrying my shoulder bag when I left Kinnokura... I went back to there and asked an employee about my bag but I couldn't find it at that time. I was shocked because there was my smart phone, which I'm using in the U.S., in the bag.

Anyway, we walked to the main point of the morning of the day. It was the day of the golden annular eclipse! We couldn't find a special glasses for seeing the eclipse at all in the city, I bought a snack because the bag of the snack is very good enough lens as substitute to the special glasses.

7:34 am, gradually sun was completely covered by the moon. It was epic and marvelous!

It was nice as a first day of returning home.


No comments:

Post a Comment