May 12, 2012

Coit Tower and Golden Gate Park

My Japanese friend, who is studying Interior in New York now, visited California. We met in San Francisco on weekend. We had not seen since we met in New York at the day of New Years Eve.

I drove to Pleasant in the morning, and then I took BART as usual. We met at Moscone Center at 10am. We headed to Coit Tower where there was a nice observatory. It's located on Telegraph Hill.


In fact, the view from the observatory of Coit Tower was really nice. I was able to see 360 degree view of San Francisco. Luckily, I was the Golden Gate bridge covered by fog(cloud?).



Then we went to Pier 39 for lunch. The restaurant we enter was Pier Market, which is the one I probably came eight years ago. I believed that I have already ate the clam chowder, I tried a crab cocktail dish and a cram pasta. It was very good. The taste was totally more that expected!



Next place we visited was Japanese Tea Garden which is located in the Golden Gate Park.







In my opinion, the Japanese Tea Garden is very "compact" but too "packed" to see a composed Japanese garden. The bridge over a small pond represented such a density. However, overall, the garden was beautiful.

There was a big museum named "de Young" besides the Japanese Tea Garden. Because I know Jean Paul Gaultier and saw the letter on the wall of the museum, we decided to go the special exhibition. It was so cool.


Plus, the design of the museum was really sophisticated.



Actually, the Golden Gate Park was so huge that it reminded me the Central Park in New York.
We moved to downtown by bus, #71. I showed around Union Squire and some places.


For dinner, I went to China town and enter Imperial Palace Restaurant. It was typical Chinese restaurant, maybe owned Chinese, and the service was just as I expected... Dinner meal was very reasonable for the size. But we waited a dumpling for a hour,,,

It was nice visiting because I was able to see a lot of new places.


No comments:

Post a Comment