Aug 30, 2013

Bad customer service

I faced with a bad customer service at the Verizon store. When I went to the Verizon store to try to buy a new smartphone, I waited for 20 minutes to take its service just to meet a staff member. The assigned staff member was a female, and I felt she looked so moody at that time.

*word in each conversation below is not precise but something like that.

When she asked me my phone #, I said my number. She asked me to show my ID, and then, "You're not under this account.," so I said, "What?" I thought my account was hacked and taken over by someone. So I asked, "My name is not there?" and she said, "This account is owned by someone else." We continued weird conversation for a while. I confirmed, "My number xxx-...-xx70 is not my account?,"and then finally she said, "Oh, I thought xx00  Yes, that's right." She didn't even say, "I'm sorry. I heard wrong."

What she was doing was just almost yelling at me as if I was like a criminal and trying to take someone's account. My voice might be small. She didn't even confirm like "Sir, your number is xxx-...-xx00, right?" or "Can I make sure your number again?" when she saw another users name on the display. I think even elementary school students can think hearing wrong if something is different from expected. She should have just thought to make sure one thing, confirmation. She didn't even think that she was doing anything wrong as a employee who is in charge of a valuable customer.

Moreover, after she make sure the device, color (black), and the plan I tried to update and said, "I'll grab a bundle (device, screen protector, and case. Just wait a minutes.," she left to the back office. I waited for a couple of minutes again. When she came back to me, she said, "There is no stock here and other stores near here.," and then, despite I didn't even ask, she kept saying, "I'm gonna check if there is a white." I said, "No. It's okay.," and left. I can't forget she was chewing a gum in her mouth during talking with me. It would be common here, but it's unbelievably bad manner if it happened as a customer service in Japan. I think I should report this fact to Vriozon without any emotional sentence.

2 comments:

  1. 全然音沙汰ねーと思ってブログ覗いてみたら、いつの間にやらカリフォルニア行ってるしw
    3年もそっちいたら英語もパーペキ?!
    いいのか悪いのかオレの連絡先は全然変わってねーから、帰ってくることあれば連絡入れろよ!
    ぢゃ、引き続き元気でな!!
    by 石原

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. おお!ずいぶん長い間ご無沙汰してます。ここまで辿り着いて頂いてありがとうございます。今度日本に帰ったら連絡しますね。

      Delete