Jun 4, 2012

The first day of the Summer session

Contrary to my expectation, I woke up almost noon. I went to the food court on campus to have branch(?). The food court was closed but a cafeteria(?) was opened so I ate a cheese-burger.

After studying for a couple of hours in the library, I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat Burrito for the very early dinner at 4 pm because my class was at night on this day.

The class was International Management, and the professor was African who got BA in a country in Africa and got his MA and Ph. D in the U.S.

The topic was Globalization, Trading, and International Investment. When he described a short term business in other country, he use a movie of Sumo-wrestling, a Japanese traditional sport, and emphasize how short it is decided whether it wins or loses, compared to other long term business because   usually a Sumo-wrestler wins the game within a few second while other sports take for a longer time. It was interesting. Also, I felt he used several example of Japanese business as well as the professor of another Marketing class I took in the previous semester. But, nowadays, I heard that other business schools, such as Harvard, Stanford, and Pennsylvania, use a lot of cases of Chinese business rather than Japanese because, as you know, Chinese economy is remarkable and important for the U.S. economy recently.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear some examples of Japanese business in the U.S. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment